“Alright, y’all… My ultimate mission of successfully becoming a warm & cozy, bff photographer is, like, really freakin’ important to me!.”
My year-long journey of discovery has led me down many paths and right now, my laser-focus is on a beautiful bride-to-be (who also just so happens to be my in-law!) She is nervously planning to marry the man of her dreams and has entrusted Me with the honor of capturing HER authentic, big day.
Your Road Map To The Contents ♥ Click To Show/Hide →
Let’s get real for a sec, m’kay?
- Yes, we are ALL here for the couple, we love the couple, we are happy for the couple and want to be involved as MUCH as possible.
- A wedding means free food. Um, hello?!
- An excuse to get all dolled up? Count me in!
At the end of the day, the lovely couple made the decision to include YOU in THEIR celebration. Honor that! There are just a few things that you can be mindful of on THEIR big day. (Come on, one day won’t hurt ya!)
- Please, for the love of Unicorns and Fairies… Please do not EVER, not ever, ever pull your cell phone out during the ceremony to take a photo. Or, for that matter, bring your gear and start setting up. Creepy…
- The bride has worked so, so, so hard to plan her big day. Please don’t spoil her chance to post the first look of her wedding on social media.
- Enjoy being present!! Weddings are fun!! There are times to smile and pose, times to rock out with your… well, you know. Hell, there are even times little Jimmy may throw a tantrum on the floor kicking and screaming. That’s okay! Roll with it!
- Taking photos IS actually okay!! Look, it doesn’t have to be ALL or NOTHING.
- When bride and groom are getting ready.
- While family portraits are being taken.
- During transport.
- Anytime after the first dance is done.
- Share and engage with the photos after the wedding. Here are some guidelines to help you:
- Leave watermarks intact. Don’t crop out watermarks. They won’t be present if you order prints.
- Tag the photographer and Bride/Groom in the photos! Show some love to your gracious hosts and service providers!
- Share with friends! If you have a special story to tell about the day, loved anything in particular, or just happy words of wisdom… Share away!! (They may even be used on the photographer’s blog!!)
- Don’t alter the photos! This includes: adding filters, cropping, or any kind of editing. Better learn the best ways to seize the moment, get inspiration from these Harkness Park engagement photos, for example.
Please understand that the lighting conditions will probably be HORRIBLE. Also, it is likely that you will not have a good angle, anyways. Your camera (including cell phones cause yes, those ARE cameras, too!) are just not sufficient enough or powerful enough to capture the beauty and the magic, so just enjoy it and leave that stress up to me. 🙂
So, when is the BEST time to pull out a camera? After the first dance. Have a FREE-FOR-ALL and go nuts!! Don’t forget to WAIT until the bride shares at least ONE sneak peek, then share away! Bonus if your wedding party has a specific hashtag.
If you are attending Nina’s wedding… Use the Hashtag #Kellom2016.
Ready to book your wedding or photo shoot in Tampa? Scroll to the bottom and fill out the easy contact form and let’s get you set up!
Stay updated on this wedding and all of my future projects by Liking Chelsea Shoots People on Facebook.
Can’t meet up IRL but still wanna keep in touch? Join my warm & fuzzy photography group! (Psst… It’s FREE!)