Your Road Map To The Contents ♥ Click To Show/Hide →
- 1 The Universe Reveals It’s Secrets To Those Who Dare To Follow Their Heart
- 1.1 High Vibin’- Why is it even important?
- 1.2 How often should you practice spirituality?
- 1.3 Spiritual Tools I use, why I love them and how you can use them, too…
- 1.4 Dreams Won’t Work Unless You Do Positive Upbeat Inspirational Affirmation Distressed on Black Wall Art Print on Canvas with Espresso Frame (Kitchen)
- 1.5 Personalized Stuffed Blue Unicorn with Embroidered Name (Baby Product)
- 1.6 NOW Foods Essential Oils 10-Oil Variety Pack Sampler – 1oz Each (Health and Beauty)
- 1.7 Taurus Zodiac Sign Astrology Earrings – April and May Birthday Gifts (Jewelry)
- 1.8 Indigo Wild Chakra Shea Butter Bath Salt Gift Set (Health and Beauty)
- 1.9 Chakra Healing Set – 7 Piece Assorted Polished Gemstones with Stone Bracelet (Jewelry)
- 1.10 12pcs Healing Pointed Chakra Beads Pendants Point Bullet Shape Quartz Crystal Teardrop Stone Random Color Beads Pendant (Mixed Color) (Office Product)
- 1.11 Herbal Sampler: Psychic/spirituality Herbs (Grocery)
- 1.12 Peace Yoga Zafu Meditation Yoga Buckwheat Filled Cotton Bolster Pillow Cushion with Premium Designs – Choose your Design & Size (Misc.)
- 1.13 Desire Sensual Massage Oil – Best Massage Oil for Couples Massage – Perfect Gift for Her – All Natural – Contains Sweet Almond, Grapeseed & Jojoba Oil for Smooth Skin 8.5oz (Health and Beauty)
- 1.14 Chakra Stacked Layered Healing Heart Crystal Dowsing Divination Pendulum
- 1.15 Salt Lamp
- 1.16 Himalayan Glow 1002 Natural Himalayan Hand Carved Pink Crystal Salt Lamp, ( 7 to 11 lbs) 8 to 9 Inch. ETL Certified Dimmable Himalayan Pink Salt Night Lamp with Genuine Neem Wood Base,15 Watt Light Bulb and Rotary Dimmer Switch (Tools & Home Improvement)
- 1.17 -:- Home Cleansing & Blessing Kit ™ -:- Includes Fresh California 5″ White Sage Smudge Stick + 7″ Smudging Feather + Blessed Anointing Oil + Tea Light Candle + Coarse Grain Sea Salt (Kitchen)
- 1.18 Sivan Health and Fitness Yoga Set 6-Piece– Includes 1/2″ Ultra Thick NBR Exercise Mat, 2 Yoga Blocks, 1 Yoga Mat Towel, 1 Yoga Hand Towel and a Yoga Strap (Misc.)
The Universe Reveals It’s Secrets To Those Who Dare To Follow Their Heart
This post contains Affiliate Links. Thank you for your support!
I have a treat for you today, rebel! Would you like (more) spiritual practices in your life? Curious how I “woo?” Interested in reading about something you may not have heard of? Well, you are in the right place! You are a peaceful rebel and it’s time you started taking steps to creating the life you desire. One that you don’t NEED a vacation from. One where you look forward to MONDAY the same way you look forward to Friday.
High Vibin’- Why is it even important?
Keeping your vibration high directly relates to how you feel and what you “get.” @chelseashoots
When your vibration is high, you experience positivity, synchronicity, and things just seem lighter.
Struggle and despair are inevitable when you are feeling dense and weighed down. How can you make magic when you feel like a sack of potatoes, beautiful rebel?
How often should you practice spirituality?
Anytime, all the time.
No, seriously. Spirituality is not just something you “use when you need.” It is truly a lifestyle and a holistic way of thinking.
The benefits are abundant and there are NO problems that spirituality practices cannot at least help in some way.
While I wish there was a magic pill I could recommend, there simply ISN’T ONE. You will notice a common theme with these tools- they require YOU. You are the common denominator in raising your vibration, healing your life and building the life you desire. It cannot be done FOR YOU. The more you put in, the more you will get out, tenfold.
Spiritual Tools I use, why I love them and how you can use them, too…
Click a section below to jump to a specific spiritual tool! Scroll on to read them all. 🙂
Affirmations Animals Art Awareness Aroma Therapy/Oils Astrology Balance Bathing Breathing Exercises Chakra Work Contemplation Crystal Work Creativity Dancing Discussion Dream Exploration & Interpretation Empathy Friendship Gardening Food Herbs Humor Hobbies Intuition Karma Journaling Learning Mantras Meditation Mindfulness Massage Nature Pendulum Poetry Positivity ReadingPhotography Salt Lamp Self-Care Self-Inquiry Smudging Synchronicities Tea Thrifting Tarot Cards Yoga Writing
It’s time to flip the script!
Our minds are an extremely powerful thing. Did you know that by thinking or saying a negative sentence (out loud or just by thinking), even in a light-hearted manner, that you can create an almost “self-fulfilling prophecy” and attract exactly the OPPOSITE of what you actually want?
Negative thoughts, especially those naggy, consistent thoughts (such as “I am so broke!”) live and fester in the mind. As you think, so shall it be.
Think of affirmations as exercises for self-esteem. Try to make a daily, constant effort to use affirmations. You can just think them, say them out loud, write them on your mirror, use them on your desktop computer, or anywhere! I like to put little notes in my wallet that say “each dollar you spend will come back to you times 10!” It makes me feel SO much better about releasing my cash because I know it will come back to me with some friends. 🙂 I even put affirmations on the walls in Aidan’s room! They are positive Dr. Seuss quotes and he reads them every single day.
Here are some affirmations you can start using today. Feel free to come up with your own magical affirmations as well!
- I am worthy of _________________.
- I MATTER.
- Money comes effortlessly to me.
- I am never alone.
- It is not up to me to make other people happy.
- I love and accept myself exactly as I am right now.
- I now do work I love and I am paid well for it.
- I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
- I am SO happy and SO grateful now that ________________.
- My partner believes in me and supports me fully.
- My growing business is expanding and thriving.
- I have a lot of friends that love me deeply.
- I am confident in my ability to ______________.
- The force is with me. 😉
- I am now ready for sleep.
Don’t worry if you feel silly or cheesy at first. The feelings you feel are deep-rooted and stem back to childhood. Push through them and once you start to really evolve into who you are meant to be, you will realize how silly you are NOT to say these things, beautiful!
I believe that animals are spiritual beings. I have always been one to turn to animals, specifically pets when I was depressed or blue. I had a cat as a child who always knew when I needed a good snuggle. And, my chihuahua, Bruno, can always sense when my energy is yucky. He will nudge me and try to get as close to me as he can.
I also really relate to animals when it comes to “spirit animals.” My true spirit animal is an Orca whale, but I always “test” for owls.
Orca and Owl Meanings
Here is the meaning of the Orca- You are highly intelligent with great learning abilities. You never make the same mistake twice! This, along with your adaptability, enables you to take on the most challenging of assignments and projects in life because you always know that you will be capable of learning whatever it is you need to learn in order to succeed. You are know how to use your voice to get what you want in life and you are always closely connected with your inner self. You know how to stay on track with your life path. –Source
Owl meaning- The Owl is the symbol of the feminine, the moon and the night. The Owl is also the bird of magic and darkness, of prophecy and wisdom. You work best during the night hours. This totem gives you the power to extract secrets. Listen to its voice inside of you. You will hear not what others are saying, but what is hidden. You can detect subtleties of voice that others cannot. People cannot deceive a person who has this totem because you can see into the darkness of others souls. Most Owl people are clairvoyant because of this ability. It can be very scary at times. Learn to trust your instincts about people. –Source
There are MANY ways to figure out what your spirit animal is. Sometimes, we even come into contact with animals that aren’t necessarily our spirit animal but serve as messages to us. Lately, there have been butterflies around my house which has me ecstatic! The less I think about them, the less I see them. But every time I see one, I am somehow reminded of how grateful I am to see them, and then instantly realize everything I am grateful for.
Art is a very big thing in our household! We try to dedicate time every single day for some uninhibited creation and developing our artistic abilities. My son loves to dance, paint, color and tell stories. I love to take photos (duh!) and write. My hubby enjoys doodling and appreciates art in all forms.
Want to know how to easily infuse art into everyday life easily? Check out The Importance Of Creativity For Entrepreneurs.
Being able to fully be aware of emotions and where they are coming from is extremely powerful! Have you ever reacted explosively to something, only later to feel regret about blowing up so easily? You were probably in “sleep mode” when you reacted.
Many people sleep through most of their lives, missing the kind of awareness that allows you get past any belief systems (aka B.S.) that may be influencing you on a subconscious level. Without awareness, you will be stuck with self-inflicted suffering.
There are many self-awareness exercises that will help get you on the right track:
- Just STOP! Stop what you are doing right now. Put down that phone (after you read this) and just sit for a minute. Be still and just relax and enjoy a moment of peace and quiet. When you are in a calm state, you will be more prepared for anything.
- Figure out who YOU are! Take a personality test (or ten) to figure out some of your strengths, weaknesses and the ways you operate. A huge shift for me happened when I got more curious about “Chelsea.” I found out that I am an INFP, Yellow personality, Hufflepuff 🙂
- Journal Daily! Write something down every single day! It doesn’t have to be fancy, or super organized. Just get it out. Sometimes the things that weigh us down most are the things we are holding onto the tightest.
- Out with the bad, In with the good! Make a decision to release that which no longer serves you! Choose what stays and what goes. This leaves SO MUCH ROOM for what you desire in your life. But, you have to make room first.
- Find out what triggers you! What makes you “tick?” Instead of burying or denying strong emotions, allow yourself to feel them. Feel the emotions when they are happening and examine them without judgment.
- Be kind to you! Watch how you talk to yourself. Have you ever said to yourself “gosh, I am such an idiot?” DON’T. Seriously. Would you say something like that to your best friend? Your sister? Your mom? Didn’t think so. Don’t do it to YOU. 🙂
Aroma Therapy/ Oils
“I have an oil for that!”
Honestly, what CAN’T an essential do? Aside from making you smell nice or feel nice, Aromas and oils are known for their spiritual applications as well:
- Use for cleansing.
- Clear negative energy.
- Provide Earth-body treatment.
- Spiritual protection.
- Inner calmness.
- Strength & courage.
- Mental peace.
- Attracting spiritual beings.
My “Can’t live without” oils:
- Peppermint oil– When I have a headache, Peppermint Oil is my #1 go-to! As a migraine sufferer, I have tried EVERY single home remedy that you can think of! This oil gives me so much relief! I apply it 50/50 with jojoba oil. The cooling sensation is the best!
- “Cheer up buttercup”– An uplifting blend of Bergamot, Orange, Lime, Grapefruit and lemon essential oils. If I am feeling down in the dump or icky and negative, A whiff of this stuff really lifts my spirits and mood. If you love the smell of citrus, get you some oils!
- Lavender– Ahhhh, lavender. Aside from being one of the most versatile essential oils- famous for its many uses, the calming effect is strong with this one. If you are feeling frazzled or stressed, I encourage you to introduce lavender into your life! I like to add to a diffuser at night, in my skin care routine and a drop on a natural wood necklace to wear around with me.
- Jojoba/Coconut– Wonderful carrier oils! I mix jojoba or coconut with most of my oils and apply it everywhere, especially Aidan’s dry, sensitive skin. You can also use them as stand-alone oils and reap tons of benefits. You can find coconut oil at almost any store (look in the food section, try to purchase the purest oil.) You can find Jojoba at many health food and vitamin stores. Online purchase is also an easy alternative! (Bonus points if you have PRIME. You can even get a FREE 30-day trial! Yesss!!)
- Rose Hip– For skin benefits, rose hip oil- all the way! Whether you have stretch marks, acne problems/scarring, dry/sensitive skin (like Aidan), uneven pigmentation/sun damage (I worked at a tanning salon…), or damage such as wrinkles, scars, and burns- you will benefit.
You can find oils sold as a single item or bundled as “starter packs” as shown below.
You probably know your sun sign (based on your birthday) and you probably even know what traits are common with your sign. (I’m a Taurus- very stubborn but also extremely loyal- like a sturdy rock you can always count on.)
But astrology is SO much more than that! Everything in the Universe is connected. Therefore, if we study the cycles of the Universe, we can unlock secrets to what is mirrored in our Earthly environment. I consistently follow Astrology reports and align my goals, practices and more with their timing.
- I bathe my crystals in the moonlight on the full moon.
- I am mindful of technical issues and general frazzled-ness during Mercury retrograde.
- I use my birth chart to learn about myself on a deeper level.
- I often give relief to someone who is down. I was in the supermarket the other day and a cashier was complaining about having the worst day due to technical errors with their POS systems all day. I briefly explained what Mercury Retrograde was, smiled and told her to “hang in there” and assured her I was riding the storm along with her.
Astrology can be a glimmer of hope or a sign of solidarity right when you need it.
Life is cray-cray. Some days I am begging for more hours because there is always so much that needs to be done. I wish I could make a clone of myself. After a while, though, stress leads to burnout. Keep burnout at bay by practicing balance in your life.
If you are feeling burnt-out, causing you to feel stuck in a rut or overwhelmed, try:
- Escape. You are feeling stuck because you are stuck in some sort of pattern. Give yourself the permission to break away from the pattern.
- Take a trip somewhere. It doesn’t have to be far, expensive or even with anyone. Go alone to a park for an hour. Take a walk and think about everything you want in life. Think about these things in a positive way, and get excited about all of the possibilities. Clearing your mind works wonders! A fresh perspective is so energizing!
- Find your tribe. Sometimes all we need is to find others who “get it.” There are many tribes that I belong to and I value each one of them. If I find an area of my life lacking, I can always turn to them for help. I know exactly where to find them and can also provide support to them as well, which makes me feel amazing. It’s a deeply meaningful relationship.
- Create a routine. It doesn’t have to be structured or elaborate. If you enjoy a self-care routine of 30 minutes of coffee, yoga, and meditation, so be it! Instead of constantly dreading the “stuff,” you will start to get excited about everyday things and look forward to the time you have created for effortlessly checking things off the to-do list. (Isn’t that the best feeling?!)
- Clean up your circle. If you have a friend on Facebook that constantly stresses you out, comments negatively on your statuses or just generally creates drama, why are you allowing it? I love social media because of my ability to block out anything I don’t want to be exposed to. You have control of what (and WHO) you allow into your space. Do a friend/follower audit and feel so much lighter!
- STOP talking about money. If your “money-story” is all outta whack and it’s the source of daily stress, stop talking about it. That’s not to say you NEVER talk about it because that’s probably not very plausible. But, at least for a day or two, don’t say anything about money. After a few days, if you have talked (aka complained) about money at all, try to talk about it only in a positive or neutral way. Phrases like “I’m so broke” or “I hate spending money” just add to the “yuck.”
- Kill them with kindness. When all else fails, and you are at your wit’s end, feeling as if you cannot escape icky energy and people, especially at work, just be kind. It sounds like a cop-out but I promise, just try it! Allow others to feel how they feel and say what they say, but don’t react. If anything, be extra kind. More than likely, they will seem to get more negative, but that is normal. Once they fail to get a reaction, they will move along. Don’t allow yourself to be their mirror. Just keep smiling!
…WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY.
Infusing your bath water with plants, herbs, oils, prayer and intentions is absolutely magical.
A spiritual cleansing bath liberates you, cleanses any negative energy you may be holding on to, helps to clear your chakras and restores your emotional state. If you are having trouble manifesting, feel overwhelmed or just general “yucky,” a spiritual bath should be the first (and is the easiest) thing you should do.
You can make your bath as simple or complex as you like. Follow a ritual or bathe to the tune of our hearts desires.
Before you make your bath, be sure to clean your tub and bathroom. I also like to cleanse the air, light some candles or incense and turn off the lights.
Here are some things you can add to your bath:
- Bath salts, bombs, oils
- Baking Soda
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt
- Rose/Flower petals
- Oatmeal (made for bathing)
- Beer (Yup!)
- Natural Loofah
And hey, you can pretend you are a mermaid while you’re in there!
There are many types of breathing exercises you can try! The sky is the limit.
Breathing exercises and specifically FOCUSED breathing reduces stress, eases tension, relaxes your mind and body and helps to center you.
My favorite type of exercise is called abdominal breathing. For some reason, I tend to breathe from my chest a lot, which is not good for you. It limits oxygen and causes a ton of issues. When I am feeling heavy in my chest, I instantly turn to my breathing. I place one hand on my stomach and I breathe in for 3 seconds, then out for 3 seconds, making sure that my tummy moves, and not my chest. Try it! You might be a chest-breather, too and you didn’t even know it.
Other exercises to try:
- Alternate breath between nostrils- For calming and balance, inhale in 1 nostril and exhale from the other, using your fingers to hold each side.
- When your mind is racing and you’re having trouble winding down before bed, try breathing in and out in equal time, only through your nose. The natural resistance helps take your mind off whatever is racing through it.
I won’t go too in-depth, but if you are having ANY sort of problems, you can pretty much guarantee that you have an affected/blocked chakra. A spiritual healer isn’t necessary but can be super beneficial for helping you clear up blocked chakras.
Meditation and yoga can help with blocked chakras, along with any of the spiritual tools that you find in this post.
The 7 Chakras (at a glance):
- Root Chakra– located at the base of the spine (near the tailbones) and is where you hold issues dealing with your basic survival needs such as money, food, and shelter. Balancing this chakra will help you feel grounded, safe and connected. Physical issues manifested in this chakra: constipation, knee pain, sciatica, eating disorders and arthritis.
- Sacral Chakra– located 2 inches below your navel (and 2 inches in,) this chakra affects our ability to express emotions. If you have addictions or lack a desire to play, have fun, be creative or intimate, you should work on balancing it. Physical issues manifested in this chakra: hip/pelvic/lower back pain, and kidney/urinary/reproductive issues.
- Solar Plexus Chakra– located in the upper abdomen, 3 inches above your navel. Emotional problems from a blocked Sacral Chakra include low self-esteem, criticism, and issues with your personal power. Physical issues manifested in this chakra: diabetes, stomach ulcers, high blood pressure, pancreas/gallbladder issues, chronic fatigue and digestive problems.
- Heart Chakra– located at your heart. A blocked chakra will cause emotional issues such as loneliness, bitterness, jealousy and suffocation. Physical issues manifested in this chakra: upper back/shoulder/arm/wrist pain, asthma, lung and heart disease.
- Throat Chakra– located at your throat. If your throat chakra is blocked, you will have issues expressing yourself through spoken and written communication. You will also feel powerless, with a general feeling of being out of control. Listening skills are also expressed here. Physical issues manifested in this chakra: facial issues, ulcers, ear infections, sore throat/laryngitis, thyroid issues and neck/shoulder pain.
- Third Eye Chakra– located in the center of the eyebrows, at the center of your forehead. With a blocked third eye, you will have trouble with your ability to think clearly and make decisions. Physical issues manifested in this chakra: hormones, sinuses, eye strain, hearing loss, vision problems, and headaches.
- Crown Chakra– located at the top of the head, this chakra, left unbalanced, will affect your ability to connect to spirituality, and experience pure bliss. If your crown chakra is blocked, you may experience confusion, prejudice, and fear of alienation. Physical issues manifested in this chakra: sensitivity to your environment (such as light and sounds) and depression.
In order to feel that divine spark, it is essential to first clear the mind. We don’t realize how much crap gets in our minds. From television ads, social media browsing, contact with the general public, billboards, even our own mailbox is full of flashy noise that seeps into the unconscious mind. Left unchecked, the ick you allow in will eventually start to manifest itself in negative ways in your life.
Contemplation can be as simple as gazing at the stars or a sunset. Deep thought allows you to tune out the noisy world and reconnect with your higher self.
Contemplation will unlock many secrets for you- if you let it!
Crystals are amazing! I have been working with them for a while now. I cannot stop finding and purchasing them because they are so beneficial. Crystals (when we consciously work with them) have a way of amplifying and balancing energy. The beauty of them is that you don’t even have to “do” anything. Simply having them around is enough to feel the benefits.
Some of my favorite crystals:
- Rose Quartz– a stone of the heart, unconditional love.
- Clear Quartz– amplifies energy and thought.
- Selenite– creates clarity of mind and personal transformation.
- Seer Stones– provides a glimpse into the future through their “windows,” allowing you to remember ancient knowledge.
- Amethyst– stimulates and soothes the mind and emotions.
- Citrine– a stone for success and prosperity.
- Iron Pyrite– aka “Fool’s Gold,” blocks negative energy, helps you overcome feelings of inadequacy, lethargy, and fatigue.
- Unakite– opens psychic vision and balance emotions.
- Carborundum– shields from electromagnetic stress, allows for inner expansion and provides gentle grounding.
Art and spirituality go hand in hand. You don’t have to be “the best” at anything or even “average skill level” to benefit from using your creativity. You ARE creative.
Put YOU into everything you do. No one else is you. No one else has the ability to infuse your perspective into whatever you create. Dig as deep as you can into your soul and infuse everything you do with your magic. There is beauty, even in the ordinary.
You have a gift to give the world. But, a gift is useless unless it is shared. So get out there! Put your creativity to use and share your gifts with others. This one little practice will open up more doors for you than you could ever possibly imagine.
Surrendering yourself to a beat is one of the highest forms of spirituality. It is practiced across all sorts of religions and time periods. When you are dancing, you feel fluid, alive, and free. Dance is where truth is discovered. My mom met her husband on the dance floor!
Allow yourself to be swept away into something bigger than your everyday self. Experience the pure bliss that is letting go and just dancing. (You don’t even need music!)
Sometimes, when I am feeling especially icky, I love to have deep, meaningful discussions with those who connect with me on a spiritual level. In a pinch, when no one else is around, I also like to listen to discussions (YouTube, for example) on deep topics. Something about discussion can open your mind… if you only listen.
Dream Exploration & Interpretation
When you are curious about what is going in your subconscious mind, studying your dreams may hold the key that unlocks the door to it. To sneak a peek behind the veil, I use my “10,000 Dreams Interpreted” book to help dissect what is going in my mind as I snooze.
Keeping a dream journal is also extremely handy with spotting patterns.
I have always been an old soul. My entire life, my deepest friendships have been with people generations older than myself.
Empathy is a huge hurdle for peaceful rebels. Our introversion already saps our energy when in crowds, but if you are a natural empath, that feeling is exponentially worse. When you are extremely sensitive to the energy around you, it can weigh you down.
On the other side of the coin, being empathic is such a gift. It allows you the ability to connect effortlessly on a soul-level with just about anyone. Bias is not an issue and judgment is left at the door.
If you are an empath and struggling, your biggest tool is AWARENESS. If you have the ability to recognize what is “your stuff” and “other people’s stuff,” you can protect yourself. Always keep your home/meditation space clear of negative energy and you will always have a space to escape.
I see my spiritual friends as a warm blanket after a long, cold day. A friend who is connected to you spiritually gives you solid ground to stand on. No matter how hard things get, you always have someone willing to carry your burdens as their own and defend you fiercely, without judgment.
I can’t count how many times my spirit friends/twin got me out of some yucky feelings just by being there.
If you have ever had a friend who you could not see or speak to for years, then pick right back up where you left off the next time you are together, you have a spiritual friend.
Hold on to them tight, as they are precious and sacred!
“You reap what you sow.”
Gardening is directly participating with Mother Earth. From a tiny seedling to a fruit-bearing plant, gardening contains many lessons and much wisdom passed down through generations.
You cannot fake it with gardening. Karma plays a huge role. It is limitless and abundant but can turn desolate in an instant. Intentions and desires are manifested in the ground.
I have never been very good at gardening. That is, until starting my spiritual journey. Yard work, in general, was always my LEAST favorite. However, when I started to put more intention into gardening, the rewards have been plentiful. I deeply enjoy my time spent thinking about, planning and working in the garden.
Feeding your mind just isn’t enough. You have to feed the physical body in a spiritual way as well. Different foods and drinks have different effects on the body. If you only eat junk food and processed items, you will probably feel like that- junk. (You are what you eat, after all.) The cleaner your body is, the better you feel, which enhances your ability to connect spiritually.
Best Foods For Spirituality/Detox:
- Green smoothies
- Herbal teas
- Himalayan/Mineralized salts
- Spring water
- Wild plants (from foraging)
- Organic gardens
- Bread (not considered “healthy,” but has a deep, meaningful connection.)
- Hemp seeds
Herbs and plants have a natural ability to balance the relationship between mind, body, and soul. Plants have been used for many generations as medicine for many ailments, physical and mental. They have a vibrational frequency to heal and detox our minds and bodies.
Laughter truly is the best medicine.
It’s easy to take yourself, and life in general, too seriously. Sometimes the only thing you need to brighten a dull day is a chuckle or two. Laughter is amazing for energizing the immune system and taking the edge off when things are getting dire. The distraction from a good belly laugh is much-needed in times of suffering.
When I was 3 years old, I ran head-on into a brick wall, splitting my forehead open. As I was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, I still remember the actions of the response team en route. I don’t remember the pain or feeling scared, but I do recall a daffy duck toy in front of my face with a silly voice coming from someone in the ambulance. In an effort to keep me calm and awake for the ride, I was offered a laugh.
When you have a spiritual connection with a hobby, it is fully relaxing and healing. Having a hobby is a powerful spiritual tool. From setting aside time for something YOU enjoy that benefits YOU- to a distraction from stressors, there are so many benefits of having a hobby.
Having a hobby is also extremely beneficial if you are recovering from addiction or depression.
Remove negative habits and replace them with positive habits.
Hobbies to try:
- Any “-graphy” (mine is photography, for example)
- Music/Performance Art
The quiet, calm voice that guides your life (if you can tune out internal chatter and emotions) is essential to your spiritual journey. Moreso than that, your entire life as a whole.
USING your intuition gives you power. Effortlessly following the peaceful inner knowing you already have in the present moment is better than any other roadmap.
Intuition is like a muscle. You can strengthen it with practice, honing your skills to an even deeper understanding. Try it in everyday life: Notice when you “just know.” Follow it, see where it leads. Don’t brush it off.
Destiny. The energetic spiritual law that defines what is given to us as what we have given.
Balance. There is stability in accountability.
Lesson. Karma’s a bitch, right?
Journaling, for me, is more than a hobby. I have learned so much about myself from my journals and the ability to document and track my progress throughout my journey has been invaluable to me.
Are you a fan of journaling or want to learn how to be a strategic mother f*cker? Check out this post I wrote detailing my 2-journal system. I lay everything out for you step-by-step that works no matter your style or budget.
Spirituality is just 1 part of personal development. Much like the fact that personal development is only 1 little part of spirituality.
Combining the two is about soulful living. It’s a dedication to the journey, growth, abundance, and Truth.
The mind is loud and the mind is powerful! Have you ever tried to just NOT THINK? It feels impossible sometimes. From the grocery list, to worry, to just plain ol’ weird thoughts- it just comes at you and keeps going.
Mantras are a fantastic tool for shushing the mind and clearing your thoughts. Religions throughtout time have used the power of words as a connection to the divine. Scientific studies have even proved the use of mantras directly correlates with mood improvement.
Give your brain something to do with these mantras:
- “Aum”/”Om”- Sanskrit.
- “I am that I am”- God’s response when asked his name.
- “I love you. I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.- Ho’oponopono
Meditation has had the greatest effect on me and my life. I cannot stand to go a single day without at least 5 minutes of meditation. However, I shoot for an hour, every day. I am instantly drawn to meditation because it is FREE, can be practiced anywhere and has a way of instantly recharging my batteries. If you are high-anxiety and constantly worry- give meditation a try!
Guided meditation is a super simple way of reaping all of the benefits of meditation and learning the practice, without fighting your mind in a silent room. Make sure to use headphones for a more immersive experience. *Please make sure you are seated and free from distractions like driving or work… I know, I spoil all the fun…
Here is a guided meditation you can use (made me ME!) to get clear on your “why.” As in, what drives you to do the things you do (specifically in business.)
Mindfulness is a superpower!
It seems to have become quite the “buzz word” lately. But, if you strip down to the core of what it is, mindfulness is basically the ability to know what’s going on in your mind at any time, but resisting the urge to get carried away by it.
Instead of reacting without thinking to things going on around you, stay mindful of what is going on with your body and mind.
Mindfulness is freeing in that it allows you to detach yourself from old ways of thinking. Choose what thoughts to act on and choose the thoughts you wish to gently release.
Become aware of your conscious experiences!
Most people don’t shell out good money to just get a back rub that feels good.
Massage is a powerful healing tool capable of healing, reenergizing, and improving.
If you are feeling like you need to unwind, a massage might be worth trying!
Ask someone (like a significant other) to help out or hire a trained professional for assistance.
“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” — Plato
Researchers are constantly discovering more benefits of music. From connecting to a past moment in nostalgic bliss to feeling every note in every cell of your body, music makes the brain happy.
Here are some ways to connect with music:
- Take a class and deepen your understanding.
- Play an instrument.
- Sing karaoke.
- Listen to binaural beats.
- Play it while you sleep. (We all know the benefits of classical music with children!)
- Dedicate a song to someone and tell them!
- Stay motivated with some jams during your next workout.
- Get into the cleaning groove. (Seriously, I cannot clean without Disney music!)
- Teach something! People remember song lyrics MUCH more than just words. The next time you want to teach/remember something, make it a song!
I love this article about connecting with nature on a spiritual level.
If you are not someone who believes at all in “magic,” you will find a pendulum useful!
A pendulum is not moved by magic, some outside force, or ghost/spirit.
It is moved by your thoughts and your subconscious mind, which direct your body.
Take bias out of the equation and freely allow whatever will come through, to come. You might be surprised…
Poetry has a way of speaking to a reader on a soul level, much like music.
For me, positivity is a tool that can be very useful but starts to become a direct conflict the deeper you explore. Positivity is the notion that there is “negativity,” which only blocks the thinking that goes against duality.
When needed, a little positivity can be the exact thing you need to brighten up a dark situation.
Positivity is also extremely important if you understand the Law of Attraction. If you follow the LOA and are a negative person, well…
Whenever I feel overwhelmed, diving into a good book is exactly what I need to reframe my mind and transform my energy.
Photography, to me, is a way of showing to others how I see things, from my eyes.
Sharing a photograph is an intimate and spiritual experience. Technology advancements (especially the accessibility, shareability, and convenience of smartphones) have numbed the art of photography. However, many still feel a deep, emotional connection to it. And there is something to be said about the way art and technology influence each other.
I am obsessed with my (Himalayan pink) salt lamp. It’s basically a negative ion generator.
Aidan and I use one every day. I have one in my kitchen and one in my bedroom, but I will soon have one for my desk. (And possibly the bathroom, too!)
Theoretically, salt lamps absorb moisture from the air, taking icky particles (like dust) from the air. They are natural air purifiers.
Why you should use a salt lamp:
- Helps you sleep (better.)
- Reduces stress.
- Possible improvement in mood. (The light does it for me. Plus, it’s pink!)
- Neutralize electromagnetic radiation. Radios, TVs, Microwaves- oh my!
- Increase energy.
- Improve breathing.
- Reduce asthma & allergies.
I can relate to those of you who have a tendency to “let go of yourselves” because you are too focused on others. (Mama’s, I feel ya!)
Or to those of you who grind all day to take care of your business.
And even to those of you who don’t even feel “worthy” of taking time for themselves.
But, self-care is SO SUPER DUPER CRUCIAL, sister.
You do not need FAITH.
You do not need RELIGION.
You do not need a REASON.
You do not need PERMISSION.
You do not need MONEY.
Make sure to check in with yourself on a constant basis. You can’t pour from an empty cup. Allow your cup to fully fill, so that you can then pour into others.
Some people love to recharge their batteries with a lavish spa day, that is okay, too!
Any one of the spiritual tools listed on this post would be beneficial in a self-care routine! 🙂
No matter where you are or what you are doing, you can practice self-inquiry. In order to gain spiritual knowledge, a truth seeker must undergo a journey of self-exploration and the first step is observation.
To have a restful sense of self is divine, but discovery through questioning is even more powerful.
If a space or person/people need an energetic cleansing to restore balance and positive energy, the sacred art of smudging is beneficial.
I love this article on smudging techniques, including WHEN to smudge.
What is a synchronicity?
It is a meaningful coincidence, often signaling a spiritual awakening. The moment something “clicks” and reveals a truth.
How is it helpful?
Finding synchronicities in my life brings me great peace. There is so much comfort in feeling as if the Universe has your back and things are working out, as they should.
How can it be used as a “tool?”
Start becoming aware of synchronicities in your everyday life. Use them as confirmation, follow them as a guide, or heed their warning.
Tea is coffee for the soul. ♥ Something about the slow ritual of sipping tea rallies all the senses into peaceful, spiritual bliss.
Spiritual benefits of drinking tea include peace, harmony, and truth.
Okay, thrifting may not seem very spiritual, but hear me out.
Spirituality is all about INTENTION, agreed?
Well, thrifting REQUIRES a lot of intention and awareness.
There is NO GREATER JOY to me than getting a compliment on something I am wearing and replying with “Thanks, it was only $2!” I adore compliments, but the savings really light me up!
Watching our budget and frugal living also buys us time, literally. Being aware of what we need/want with the intention of living a thrifty lifestyle has provided us with more quality family time together. We never feel stuck in a hamster wheel, chasing MORE.
Not to mention, how great it feels to be helping the environment be keeping items out of landfills AND contributing to the local community!
So, I’d say yeah, thrifting is a spiritual tool.
When I first start talking with someone about Tarot cards, (outside of my spiritual circle, of course.) their first impression is always of a woman with incense and a crystal ball behind a curtain with cards and a table. It is commonly seen as a novelty practice for entertainment purposes and taken with a grain of salt.
But for many, including myself, it is a powerful source of information. The Tarot cards aid in connecting with your higher self and provide guidance, answers, and insight.
There are many types of decks, interpretations of imagery, spreads, and methods of practicing. None of them are “wrong,” Tarot is ALL about intention.
Yoga, much like food, has the ability to impact not only the physical body but the spiritual mind as well.
The single greatest benefit of yoga comes from the ability to deeply understand the union between the mind, body, and soul.
Aside from boosting endurance and strength, yoga has the power to provide spiritual growth and purification.
Excellent starter poses:
- Upward/Downward facing dog
- Child’s pose
- Relax, you’ve made it
I find that when I am feeling less-connected spiritually, I also experience the dreaded “writer’s block.”
Whether I am scribbling notes in a journal, or typing up a new blog post, the quality is always determined by where I am on a spiritual level. Writing is a tool and habit, as with the other activities and practices listed above.
If you are itching to learn more about yourself through writing, the first step is to just start writing. I like to conduct interviews with myself. It’s my little way of “checking in.” I think up or search for fill-in-the-blank questions that I can respond to. You would be surprised what comes up when you do this. As always, look for patterns in your answers. Also, answering the same questions at different times allows you to get a deeper assessment because the answers will vary with your state of mind.